Kinetik recognized for achievements in RCM and Trip Scheduler
"From reimagining clinical care, to leveraging tech like AR/VR to improve surgical training, this year’s Digital Health 150 winners are transforming the future of healthcare with digital technology,” said Brian Lee, SVP of CB Insights’ Intelligence Unit. “This increasingly global cohort, representing more than 18 countries across five continents, is not only driving better patient outcomes, but making healthcare more accessible. We are excited to follow the meaningful impact and continued success of this year’s winners.”
“You cannot compromise on ambition, hard work, and passion,” said Sufian Chowdhury, CEO of Kinetik Healthcare Systems. “There is no Kinetik without the employees we have today. There is no Kinetik without the customers, the transportation companies, the health plans, or the patients.”
Utilizing the CB Insights platform, the research team selected these 150 winners from a pool of over 13,000 private companies, including applicants and nominees. They were chosen based on factors including R&D activity, proprietary Mosaic scores, market potential, business relationships, investor profile, news sentiment analysis, competitive landscape, team strength, and tech novelty. The research team also reviewed over 3,000 Analyst Briefings submitted by applicants.
- Product & Service Launch: In 2017, the idea of developing a revenue cycle management (RCM) platform, specifically for the medical transportation industry, quickly gained momentum among local providers. Kinetik integrates its RCM platform with more than 3,100 payers throughout the country. In 2022, Kinetik launched its medical transport platform, which includes a trip scheduling platform for brokers and health plans, and a trip assistant platform for Transportation Providers (TPs) and Transportation Network Companies (TNCs). Kinetik also enhances its RCM platform to support instant pay for TPs and TNCs.
- Partnerships & Growth: Kinetik partners with more than 20 of the nation’s leading dispatch platforms, 3100 payers, and 3500 transportation providers to further expand its reach within the industry. Partnerships include Lyft, Uber, SendaRide, CarePool, zTrip, M7, and many of the nation’s largest transportation providers and transportation network companies. Kinetik’s technology quickly became the new standard for managing payments in the industry. Kinetik also became the largest sponsor of NEMTAC, an association whose purpose is to accredit and standardize the industry.
Quick facts on the 2022 Digital Health 150:
- Equity funding and deals: Since 2017, this year's Digital Health 150 winners have raised around $5.6B in equity funding across 378 deals. This includes approximately $1.6B raised across 85 deals in 2022 YTD alone.
- Unicorns: This year's list includes only 5 unicorns with a $1B+ valuation, around 3% of the total list. For comparison, last year's list contained 17. This tracks with a broader drop in new unicorns across sectors in 2022
- Global Reach: Winners in this year's Digital Health 150 span 18 countries across 5 continents. A quarter (25%) are headquartered outside of the US — the most in the history of our list. While the US still leads, the UK comes in second with 9 winners, followed by Canada with 5 and Brazil with 3.
About CB Insights
CB Insights builds software that enables the world's best companies to discover, understand, and make technology decisions with confidence. By marrying data, expert insights, and work management tools, clients manage their end-to-end technology decision-making process on CB Insights. To learn more, please visit www.cbinsights.com.
We envision a future in which the coordination and delivery of medical transportation will be so seamless that any patient, anywhere, can request a healthcare ride in real-time. To accomplish this, we have built the nation’s largest healthcare transportation infrastructure — one that digitally connects health plans, brokers, and providers. This enhanced level of connectivity significantly improves access to care for patients. Join us and our partners as we reimagine the healthcare transportation industry.